Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Friends in high places

It seems a bit odd to me, but two people I consider to be friends (hopefully they would both consider me the same way) have recently been named to fairly high positions in our denomination. One, Lance Finley, was named as the 6th Executive Director of the denomination earlier this Spring - as noted in this Facebook post - and just yesterday, the seminary I attended, Winebrenner Theological Seminary, announced their newest President. I actually went to seminary WITH this guy (Brent Sleasman).

As I said, it seems very peculiar to me that people I actually know and have spent time with are in such positions. On the one hand it is very humbling, in that they would actually be friends of mine. On the other, it's just hard to wrap my mind around... "How could little ol' me know people like this???"

At any rate, and for what it's worth, I think both gentlemen are fine selections and I am proud to know them. I wish them nothing but the best and pray that God will bless them in their endeavors.

Lance Finley

Brent Sleasman