Friday, November 20, 2015

Cheap gas and a finicky furnace


I bought gas for my car this morning at $1.77/gal.! I don't remember the last time it was that low (thanks, Obama!). In fact, I have a notebook in my car where I record when I get gas, how much, and the price. This notebook goes back to 2012 and the next cheapest was in January of this year at $1.85. I can dig it.

This all happened after I had furnace trouble this morning. I thought it was colder than usual inside the house when I got out of bed. Sure enough, it was only 62. I can't remember what it is set at at night, but it should have went to 68 at 6:30 this morning. It would run just a little, then stop, and it never did warm up. So I went down and opened the furnace door, then I changed the batteries in the thermostat. For some reason it started warming up after that. So, who knows. I may get home tonight and have it not be working. Of course it would happen when it's barely supposed to get above freezing this weekend.

I did go ahead and order a new furnace filter. I hadn't realized the last time I replaced it was in 2011. It takes one of those big honkin' filters that's like 20x20x6. I ordered it online for around $30. Later I saw that they actually do have them at Meijers for about the same price. I'll have to remember that next time.