Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Eyes straight ahead


It's been a strange sorta week. Even moreso maybe because it's only Tuesday and it seems like it's taken a long time to get here. Still... I feel rather different. Or something.

I've kind of been a workin' fool the last couple days. Not that I've been doing any kind of strenuous or stressful work, but I've just been "doin' it." I've been crossing things off my to-do list left and right. I arrive in the morning, put my head down and go to town. Then I lock the door and leave at night.

In a way it's like I've taken a 'thinking break.' I haven't been reading, I haven't been checking Facebook, I haven't been blogging, I haven't been... thinking about things. I've just been doing what's in front of my face and leaving it at that.

There's no real reason for it either. It wasn't like I decided I was going to come at this week differently. Yet I don't know that it's bad to have weeks like this. In many ways it's a lot less stressful for someone like me.

I am also growing really tired of Facebook. It does have the ability to suck me in - which is part of what I'm growing tired of - but I almost think I would be happier if I just ignored it for awhile. I will still probably check at least once a day, for birthdays and such (I seem to have this thing with wanting to wish people a happy birthday).

So... that's about all I've got today. I've been busy. I did do some coaching this morning, and I liked that. The nice thing about the type of coaching I do is that it doesn't require a lot of "effort" on my part. Yes, it requires skill, and thinking, but it's more about learning to go with the flow. Other than that... we're going to see Jackson Browne in concert tonight. I'm looking forward to that.

That's it.