One of the sessions from last week's conference was on the 3dm C.H.O.I.C.E.S. - for how to build a discipling culture. These are things covered in a "Huddle". I thought this worth reviewing and posting here.
Necessary elements to start/build a discipling culture?
- Character (fruit of the Spirit) & Skill (gifts of the Spirit)
- Hand pick a few people to disciple (Jesus picked 12; majored on 3)
- Organized & organic ways of discipling
- Invitation & Challenge (proper balance between the two)
- Common language/tools
- Everyone multiplies (those being discipled will become disciplers)
- Spirit sensitivity & dependence
It was then interesting for us to go through a Personal SWOT Analysis (above). Unfortunately, when I plug in my c.h.o.i.c.e.s they almost all end up in the Frustration or Battle areas.
So, there's that to work on...