Friday, June 03, 2016

Searching


Yesterday I spent some time searching through my archives for one of the many posts I'd written but never published. I was hoping to find something to throw up today - without actually having to write anything. I found many, but most of them were time-specific and didn't really fit where I'm at right this moment.

But it got me to thinking.... as I was searching through my old writings, simply about the whole idea of searching.

Jane and I have been searching for direction from God for some time now. Throughout our lives we've never been real good at consistently praying together. You know, like people say a good Christian couple should. However, since the beginning of the year we've managed to pray together almost every night. Simply praying for our kids and grandkids, and asking God for direction. Direction on purpose, ministry, where to live, what to do, etc. I wish I could say we've received some clarity. But, as of yet, we haven't.

I suppose it's possible that there's nothing more for us to find. Or maybe God doesn't work that way. I don't know. I'm not saying God doesn't work, or isn't there, or anything of the kind. I'm just saying we haven't discovered anything. At least that we're aware of.

So, that's about all there is to say about it. We are searching; seeking direction from God. Nothing more; nothing less. Such is life right now.