Thursday, June 16, 2016

Serenity now


It's not that I don't have anything to say.... I just don't feel like saying anything right now.

I'm tired of reading about guns, and politics, and sexual orientation, and whatever else is in the news. What's more, I'm disgusted with MYSELF for getting caught up in it all and letting it enrage me.

I don't want to think poorly of people I disagree with, and the truth is, I do. So it's not someone else's problem; it's my problem, and I'm trying to deal with it as best as I can.

It's possible I might write ten posts and store in the archives later this afternoon, or I might take a break from the blog. I don't really know, and I'm not going to worry about it. Life is feeling pretty short right now and I'm just going to take it as it comes.

So.... peace out; and in.

Psalm 119:141-144
  I am insignificant and despised,
    but I don’t forget your commandments.
142 Your justice is eternal,
    and your instructions are perfectly true.
143 As pressure and stress bear down on me,
    I find joy in your commands.
144 Your laws are always right;
    help me to understand them so I may live.