Saturday, September 17, 2016

I paid for a haircut


I was planning to cut my hair yesterday morning. I had an extra half hour before work and it needed cleaned up around the edges. I finally decided I was too tired to do it, so I signed in online at the Great Clips by my office and paid to have someone cut it instead. It was totally worth $15 to be able to sit in a chair and have someone massage my head with clippers and a comb.

Usually I use my own clippers and just do a #2 cut all the way around. The only difficulty I have is doing the back. Sometimes I have to have Jane trim a straight line (or rounded line) along the back. Sometimes it's better to let someone else do it.

I hope Michelle (the person I had yesterday) wasn't offended that I just closed my eyes and didn't talk. Everyone else was making chit chat, but I treated it more as a meditative moment. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to just do this once a month. It only takes 5-10 minutes for my hair, but it's 5-10 minutes of total relaxation. And I swear just having someone run the clippers down the back of my neck would be worth it alone. I love that feeling.

So, we will see. I am hoping I won't be this stressed and constantly tired all the time for much longer. For yesterday, though, a haircut was a nice way to start the day.