Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Accidentals and a weekend

In the C2G Music Hall - January 2017

I've been meaning to post this since last Friday when we saw The Accidentals perform but.... meh, I just haven't felt much like writing lately. At any rate, I need a record of it, so this is a rushed and poor representation of how good the show was.

I had only heard of The Accidentals from our pastor, who raved about them as perhaps his favorite band ever to perform at the music venue in our church building (and there have been a lot!). I guess they performed there last year, and they were back again this year. So, given his taste in music, I was excited to hear them just based on his recommendation. I was not disappointed.

They came to town on a Friday night (1.6.17) and the place was packed. It's estimated there were 300 people there, and this three-piece band (who play many different pieces) entertained and wowed from beginning to end. I do not impress easily, and I was impressed.

You can read accolades and whatnot n their website, but something they announced that night, which was just released publicly today, is that Sony Masterworks just signed this former Indie band for a worldwide release of their newest record! So that's pretty cool. You can read more about them on their website.

---------------------

As for the weekend, well, not much happened other than I had to work Saturday. And not just at one location, but two! Apparently we were short-handed and someone forgot they were scheduled to work, so I started the day at one my normal place and then halfway through went Downtown. Then the guy who normally works at my place on Saturday started at LC and then came to mine. It was a little messy, but apparently no one cares. So, that's about it.