Thursday, January 19, 2017

New motorcycle battery


It's kind of an odd time of year to be replacing a motorcycle battery, but I finally got around to getting a new one for the 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 500. It stopped taking a charge this fall when I parked it in my storage unit and I've had it sitting on the counter at work ever since. I hated buying a new battery in the middle of winter but I need to start it up and let it run every now and then.

Yesterday was a slow day at work so I slid over to Redline Powersports just around the corner from my office and bought a battery. I replaced it with what was in it - a YUASA YB12AL-A, and it was $61 including the fluid fill. One of these days I'll get around to putting it in the bike.

I could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else but this wasn't too much more and I like going in and looking at their old vintage bikes. Someday I'd like to own one but I suppose it's not really something I need. Nothin' wrong with lookin' though!