Thursday, March 30, 2017

For lack of a better title

i really am getting disinterested in these posterity posts where I don't say anything other than random meaningless events and thoughts. Yet here I am.

Last night we went out for supper with our Wednesday night group. This is the first time we've socialized outside of serving food or at the worship gathering. It was nice. There were probably 15 of us. We were the only ones not drinking. That's the funny thing about Lutherans (and Catholics) is they have no hang ups with alcohol the way people from our tribe do. Anyway, we liked that everyone is nice and they're not any different while drinking than at church.

Jane and I did not drink because we are still doing our Lenten fast from alcohol. It has now been over 4 weeks. I don't miss it like I was afraid I would, but that doesn't mean I don't want to indulge now and then. I have lost a little over 10 lbs though, so that's been a nice side benefit.

Yesterday I finally put together a sermon on the beatitudes from Matthew 5:1-12. It's probably doable but I'm not overly happy with it. I just don't have it in me anymore. In fact, I really don't even want to preach, post, or even share on Facebook like I know what I'm talking about. It's not even so much a lack of confidence as I simply don't want to know anything. It's a little hard to explain. I'm sure I can stand in front of people and speak, and maybe even sound like I know what I'm talking about, but I don't really want to. I suppose maybe my hearts not in it. I really admire pastors who can maintain that. Maybe mine will come back after I "get back in the saddle," but I don't know.

In unrelated news... I worked out at the Central branch Y yesterday. Normally I go to Skyline but Jane wanted to go to central on Wednesday because I guess the women's locker room is really crowded on those days at skyline. Anyway, it's weird how old the equipment seemed there, probably just because it's all new at Skyline. I prefer skyline for the showers as well. Just not a big fan of the giant open shower room at Central. However I did notice there seems to be a friendlier atmosphere at Central. So, whatever. It is what it is.

There are a few other thoughts vying for memory space but they are all equally trivial and I'm getting tired of trying to type this on my phone. So, that is all.