Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Another fort 4 fitness

Well, I took the plunge and registered for this year's Fort 4 Fitness Fall Festival. I signed Jane and I both up for the 10k. I'm hoping I can even do that.

I believe I first participated in the Fort 4 Fitness in 2012 - running my first half-marathon. I've run 4 of them now, and one other year (when I had just quit smoking) I also ran the 10k. So this should be my 6th time participating, and it's the 10th anniversary of the event.

I'm being optimistic that I can even run 6.2 miles. I haven't been running AT ALL. I haven't really even been walking. It's been a weird summer - one I would just as soon forget in many respects. But, Jane wants to run it, and the shirts for this year look pretty cool, so I suppose if nothing else I can maybe even walk it. We will see.