Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Dr. visit

I had my regular 6-month doctor visit yesterday. I wasn't having any issues, but it was the first I'd been there since I had my blood work done in April. The doctor looked it over and said I was perfectly healthy as far as he was concerned. My blood, liver, kidneys, thyroid, and prostate all looked good. My overall cholesterol was a tad high at 233, but my good number was high enough (52) and I don't have any other issues, so he was happy with it.

My weight was 172 fully clothed. That was down a few pounds from the last time. My BP was 132/86, which I (and the doctor) think is fine considering the nurse always takes it as soon as I walk in the room. Plus I usually keep a pretty good eye on it between visits.

I did ask him (at Jane's urging) about my umbilical hernia again. He checked it out and said it is a very slight tear so he still would not recommend doing anything unless I wanted it done for cosmetic reasons. And if that's the case, he didn't believe insurance would cover it. He said if I did want it done it would be outpatient and he though they might even be able to poke it back through and just stitch it up - without using mesh. So, I have no idea how much something like that would cost, but at least it doesn't sound like my guts are going to be falling out anytime soon.

All in all, it was a good visit. I felt good going in, and he almost always makes me feel even better.

No comments: