I haven't listened to much Keith Green music - in fact, I wouldn't know it if I heard it. Perhaps I became a Christian too late. But I saw this lyric and... yeah.
MY EYES ARE DRY
My eyes are dry, my faith is old,
My heart is hard, my prayers are cold.
And I know how I ought to be,
Alive to You and dead to me.
What can be done to an old heart like mine?
Soften it up with oil and wine.
The oil is You, Your spirit of love.
Please wash me anew in the wine of Your blood.
Keith Green
1978 Birdwing Music
Cherry Land Music Publishing Co., Inc
from Sparrow Records album “No Compromise”
I LOVE Keith Green. There is something about his music that totally strikes a chord within me.
ReplyDeleteI think it's his honesty. He was being real before it was the "in" thing to do.
Thanks, Shawna. I've heard that about KG. I need to get summa his music!
ReplyDeleteJust started reading your blog after I was nibbling on Andrea's blog again, and saw your comment there.
ReplyDeleteFrom what I see so far; I'm a Keith Green junkie as you are a Neil ____? junkie. :D
"My Eyes Are Dry" is a song I've used a gazillion times in public and private repentance...
strong, eh?
A classic psalm.
Hi Myrrha,
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping in. From everything I've read "about" Keith Green I think I would really like his music. I don't know why I've never picked any up. This is definitely "strong"... as you say.
I see you write poetry much like Andrea. Good stuff.
Thanks again for stopping by.
Dan