1. What does Scripture say? - The Biblical QuestionDLE adds a seventh question HERE.
2. What does the Scripture Mean? - The Theological Question
3. What is my Hook? - The Memorable Question
4. Why do people resist this truth? - The Apologetic Question
5. Why does this matter? - The Missional Question
6. How is Jesus the Hero/Savior? - The Christological Question
I like this. I need to change my preaching style anyhow (and maybe someday I will). I also realize a lot of people don't care for Driscoll. I happen to like him though. I admit I'm not as reformed as he is, but I don't think that's why many people don't like him. As I've said before - we tend to 'speak the same language' so-to-speak, and I realize a lot of people just don't. I also don't try to go out of my way to piss people off, like he sometimes seems to do. But his preaching does move me.
Okay, just so long as you're pissing us off by accident.
ReplyDeleteI'll give it my best shot. :)
ReplyDeleteDan,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link to Cerulean Sanctum and my post on the seventh preaching essential.
was that last comment in code?
ReplyDeleteI think Dan is a spy.
MR,
ReplyDeleteYes, and now that you know I'm going to have to kill you. Sorry.