Friday, August 28, 2009

Seminary questions

I've been asked by a seminary to share some thoughts with their long range planning committee. Surely they must be nuts for wanting my opinion, but I was honored to be asked. They would like me to answer the following 3 questions (on Sept. 16):
  • What is God doing in your ministry context?
  • What are the biggest challenges you face?
  • What can [the seminary] do to help you and what do we need to do to help our students face similar challenges?
It would probably not be a good idea to show up and just say "I dunno." Actually, it has been helpful to me personally just thinking through the questions - though I don't really have any answers yet. I thought maybe writing them out might help. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to share.