Monday, March 12, 2018

2018 running events/races


This year I am  not posting a full list of area running events (like past years), but probably just the ones I am hoping to participate in. I/we are already signed up for one, and both Jane and myself have signed up for the YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne 2018 Race Series. We need to complete 5 out of a possible 12 races to complete the series and get a t-shirt. We will undoubtedly do more than 5 races this year, but at least 5 must come from the approved list. So, here are the races I/we are hoping to participate in (give or take one or two):

This schedule leaves us with 2 race series events we could skip and still be able to complete it. I am most tempted to skip the Mastadon Stomp and the Diaper Dash - the latter mostly because of the stupid name (who would name a race that?!). We will see though. It might be necessary to miss other one's so I suppose I would rather do too many than risk not enough.

This will likely be the first year Jane or I attempt TWO half-marathons in one summer. We've never tried one in the spring, but were talked into it by a friend. The Fort4Fitness is a must for us - as Fort Wayne residents - although I suppose we could go up or down and do something other than the half. We will see. I'm just hoping I can run, period.

No comments: