Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sin and a prayer

Taken from 'Day by Day':

EXAMINATION OF CONSCIENCE (from W.J. Burghardt, p. 127):
To sin is to break a bind, to destroy a relationship, to withdraw myself from God, my Father, and from his love... A sinful act is less important for the disorder it creates than for what it says about me as a person: Who am I? Whom do I love? What is my attitude toward God?"

PRAYER FOR LIGHT AND COURAGE (p. 124):
God our Father in heaven,
send your Holy Spirit into my heart.
Point out my sins.
Supply the courage I need to confess them honestly.
Help me to believe you are always willing to forgive.
Remove my sin and guilt,
fill me with peace,
then send me away strong, free,
and determined I will be better in the days ahead.
I ask for these things through Jesus, your Son,
who is my Lord and Savior.

2 comments:

Jim said...

I guess I'm not the only quasi-Catholic that posts to this blog... Happy St. Jerome's Day!

dan said...

:)