Monday, October 26, 2009

Backed up the computer

I finally dug out my Simpletech 60G portable storage device and backed up my laptop. Geez, it took 4 hours and 48 minutes. 19 gig to back up. I know Jim has reminded me a few times that I need to do this. Just one of those things. I doubt anything on my 'puter is that critical anyway, but... now it's done. I suppose I could just leave the thing plugged in and have it automatically back up... but that would take all the fun out of it, wouldn't it?

Of course, had I not already had the portable storage device, I would probably just use this free online storage at www.adrive.com that Tom told me about. 50G for free!

3 comments:

Whisky Prajer said...

You're more industrious than I am on this front. Most of what I need to back-up is music. In the four years I've been a member of eMusic I've collected a massive amount of files. And while I've enjoyed much of what I've listened to I sometimes wonder how much of it I'd miss if a computer catastrophe were to take it all away. There are some artists I'd be anxious to re-gain (Mark Heard is probably the biggest one of the bunch). But there are many others I wouldn't bother pursuing.

dan said...

Oh, I would hardly apply 'industrious' to me in any way... but I hear what you're saying. I doubt I would miss much either. But if I had Mark Heard music on my computer, I would probably think about backing it up.

Jim L said...

You're right - I'm happy you did it! :o)