Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A missional learning commons: #3

The third annual Missional Learning Commons (non-conference) is January 8-9, 2010 in the lovely Fort Wayne, Indiana again. This is a nice time for missional pastors/leaders/church planters to gather together to encourage one another and discuss the stuff of doing missional church as communities. And I love that Dave Fitch is once again trying to push Fort Wayne as the "missional mecca of the midwest."

It's called a "non-conference" because there are no no fees, no paid speakers and big sponsors selling stuff. IT'S FREE!!! Just a bunch of people gathering to pray, talk missional church, and encourage one another in the Spirit.

I attended last year and found it very worthwhile. Unfortunately I won't be able to be there this year. I will be involved in a Missional Leadership Initiative with Reggie McNeal the very same weekend in Ohio. Kinda bummed to miss it. [Actually, I just realized I WILL be in town then, so I should be able to attend after all]. But you can go. The Learning Commons website has info, as well as Ben's and Dave's blog.

No comments: