Sunday, December 13, 2009

Amanda (Lady) the dog

So, I guess Jane and I are grandparents now. Drew Carrie adopted a dog from the pound yesterday. A 2 year-old basset hound named... Amanda. [Added later: Amanda was the name from the dog pound. Apparently it has now been changed to Lady - nice choice]

They are contemplating a name change, but she is pretty darn cute. Drew picked her up in the evening and we dropped in around 7:30. We were greeted by a happy little dog who wagged and hopped all around. I don't know who was more excited, the puppy or the owners... or grandma and grandpa (I know it's not a 'real' grandchild, but granddog just doesn't sound right).

Below are a few pics I took. I don't know if you can tell or not, but her front toenails are actually painted pink. They were like that when they picked her up. I supposed that's what happens when you have a dog named Amanda. :)




No comments: