Friday, February 19, 2010

Doctor, haircut, pants

On my day off today I had a doctor visit, then got a haircut, then looked for some tan pants.

It was just my regular 3-month doctor visit (who else has to go to the doctor every 3 months? I still don't know what's up with that). Anyway, I always start off by jumping on the scale. I thought I might have lost a few pounds, but I actually gained 3 since my last visit. I was back to 176. My blood pressure was 112/90. The doctor said he wished I could even that out a little, but he didn't say how. Then he said he would like me to get another lipid profile (cholesterol check) and see him in 3 months. Argh. He said, "No cheese or eggs, but eat all the carrots you want!" Funny guy.

After that I decided to get a haircut. I headed to my usual Great Clips on W. Jefferson. They were actually having a $5.99 special today, so with the tip it was only $8. And that's about what I got. I think the girls name was Anastasia. She was from Garrett. She did alright, but it only took about 5 minutes. I would have liked a little more thorough of a job, but it's ok.

I stopped at the hospital and visited someone, then headed for the indoor mall to try to find some tan pants. I don't really know what it is with tan pants either (Seinfeld), but I don't have any that fit me and I suppose it would be nice to have some. I went to Penney's and tried on 9 different pair... and still don't have any tan pants. I'm in that weird size where a 34 is a little too snug and a 36 just falls off of me; plus I don't like them too high, or too low; too tight, or too baggy; yada, yada, yada. Although I did find a pair of Haggar Cool 18 Flat Front pants that were almost perfect. Then I looked at the price tag... SIXTY bucks!! It was buy 1, get 1 half off. Well, I didn't want TWO pairs of pants. I just wanted one. So I will have to wait until they go on sale as a single pair, or try to find this kind of pants somewhere else. Remember that: Haggar Cool 18 Flat Front.

Now I'm thinking about a nap, since I did the treadmill this morning.