Tuesday, March 02, 2010

New phone

March came in like a... new land-line phone. We got this pair of Vtech Dect 6.0 phones last night at Best Buy. All we really needed was a new battery for our old Uniden 900 Mhz phone, but do you know how hard it is to find phone batteries anymore? Walmart doesn't even carry them; and they had very few land-line phones, period. I guess we could have ordered a new battery, but it seems to need replaced with increasing frequency, so... I guess it was time to dive into the new century. That's kind of how my whole day went. I had such a great weekend, but Monday had to come along and ruin it all.

I guess we're one of the few remaining dinosaurs still using a land-line. And I would consider getting rid of it, but our internet goes out so much that we do still have to rely on dial-up sometimes. It was also hard finding a phone that had an answering machine with it, because we don't have voicemail either. But at least we will now have two cordless phones in the house. We used to have just one, and then we had an old, old, old "corded" phone in the bedroom. I actually think it was the first phone we ever got as a married couple - back when you would get a phone from the phone company.

So... there ya go. I'm hoping for a better Tuesday. Although the Illini play at Ohio State tonight, so I'm not getting my hopes too high. Flying on the ground is wrong, ya know. Talking on the phone shouldn't be so hard.

No comments: