Wednesday, September 05, 2012

On being a small-church pastor

I was searching for something on my blog the other day and came across this statement I had made in April 2006:
I really do like pastoring a small church. I like the freedom it affords me. I like the discipline it requires. I like the people. I just wish it wasn't such lonely work.

Yeah... That last part is the kicker. I still feel pretty much the same most days. Although, some days I just don't know how much longer I can hold on. The being lied to, deceived, and ignored... it can take a toll after awhile. Fortunately God doesn't require me to hold on though. In fact, what we really need to do is let go. What's that saying... "Let go and let God." Sounds nice.

Anyway, I don't say this because I want anyone to "keep me company." I think this is just the way it is. It's part of the job; part of the calling. There are also many aspects of it that are really great too. I still wish it wasn't such lonely work though... but I am still in one piece.

Not my will, but Your will be done...

No comments: