Monday, March 24, 2014

Captain phillips

I almost forgot we watched Captain Phillips the other night. We rented it from Redbox and watched it on the tiny tv upstairs. Wow, yes, it was as good as everyone said.  It's the true story of Captain Richard Phillips and the 2009 hijacking by Somali pirates of the first American cargo ship in 200 years. I won't give any details, but I really identified with the end of the movie. Not that I have ever went through anything like that, but at the end, I kind of felt like he just went through a very condensed all-at-one-time version of what my life has been like spread over the last couple years. Which is not true at all, I know... but sometimes it feels like that to me. Anyway, it was really good, I was glad to see Catherine Keener in it (ever so briefly). I didn't know she was in it, and couldn't place her at first, but I like her.

No comments: