Sunday, November 23, 2014

Dinner party

We had some friends over for dinner last night. Jane made this superb Guinness Beef Stew and Beer Bread (you pour the stew over the bread), and we invited Mike, Kenny and Dr. John over to help put it away. She also made an incredible chocolate cheesecake dessert. It was pretty good if I do say so myself. Afterward we all ventured downstairs and played pool and chatted into the night.

Mike actually paid for all the food, Dr. John brought some beer, Kenny brought a centerpiece for the table and a giant bottle of Merlot, and I supplied some Guinness for drinking. It's always nice having a good home-cooked meal with good friends.

2 comments:

MR said...

If you hear something crashing around outside near the trash cans, it'll surely be one of us. You know what they say about feeding stray bachelors. Don't point the flashlight at me, I never know what to do when I see a flashlight.

Pastor D said...

It is well that you have a circle of friends to surround yourself to socialize and for support. This is important.