Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving day 2014

We had a pretty uneventful Thanksgiving Day yesterday. Drew Carrie took their kids to see my parents - and I was happy they did - and Isaac was in Atlanta, so it was just the 2 of us here. Not only did we not over-eat, but we actually didn't even have a meal other than breakfast.

We had somewhat of a plan to go to IHOP or Bob Evans for lunch (I think we did IHOP for Thanksgiving lunch last year), and then we were going to see a movie. We didn't end up doing either of those things, but that's okay.

We woke up with no alarm clock and went to Azar's for a late breakfast. We each had the #1 - 3 eggs over medium, hash browns, wheat toast, and I had bacon and Jane sausage (we also both only ate 2 of the eggs - they won't give you just 2 eggs with the #1 though). Shortly after noon we headed over to the Feipel's and Jane painted Anna's room bright green. While she was painting I did some cleaning (HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!). Around 4 pm we came back home and Jane had a bowl of soup and I had some tortilla chips, then we headed back over so Jane could put on the 2nd coat of paint. I did some more cleaning and picking up, plus the highlight was probably that I was finally able to tune channel 15 in on their TV! We got done with everything and came back home around 9 pm. We both had some popcorn, so that was the extent of our Thanksgiving eating. At least I don't feel bloated this morning. :)

We will have a big meal with the Feipel's tomorrow. THEN I'll feel bloated.

Son Isaac was by himself yesterday. Ricci flew back to Indy to be with her family. He stayed there with the dog. He also got together with some friends. I think he was going to try to cook a turkey on the grill. I'll be interested to hear how that turned out.

Today it's back to work. Jane is already there, and I will be heading to mine in a bit. There are plenty of things I'm thankful for this year. I suppose.