Friday, December 19, 2014

I bought a ukulele

I've been wanting to get a ukulele for awhile now. The grandkids love playing with my guitars - and I don't mind at all - but they're just not quite big enough to handle them yet. So I thought a uke would be the perfect size for their small hands. Plus it would be fun to have one for myself. I didn't want to get a "toy," because it wouldn't stay in tune and would probably just get broken. But a REAL uke (on the lower end of the $ scale) would be better, in my opinion.

So, after church last Sunday I stopped at Guitar Center and bought this Cordoba Concert Ukulele. I played around with a couple and this one just seemed right. The Protege is a beginner uke, but it's still a real uke. I've been messing around with it at work and it's kinda neat. They're easy enough to play, but the tuning is completely different from a guitar, so it's taking me some time to get used to it. Fortunately there are a ton of free resources on the interwebs.



http://www.ukuke.co.uk/Ukulele%20Christmas%20Song%20Book.pdf

1 comment:

MR said...

ukuleles, huh?


I got nothin'.