Monday, December 15, 2014

The girls are back in town, and mowing (maybe)

The three lovelies ladies in my life took a weekend trip to Chicago. They left Saturday around noon, got a hotel right downtown, did a little shopping, a little sight-seeing, went to the Shedd Aquarium, and got home last night. It sounds like they had a swell time, and that Anna was a near-perfect little princess. I'm glad they got to spend some time together, and it allowed me a chance to indulge my introverted side with some quiet time at home. :)

While they were gone I ran the gas line and hooked up the gas stove/fireplace, then yesterday after church and lunch with Drew and the boys, I MOWED THE LAWN!  Not that I really mowed much grass, but there were a bunch of leaves left over that I didn't rake to the curb for the city to pick up. So I just mowed everything over. It does actually look a lot better. I'm not sure I can really count it as a mowing though. At any rate, I ran the mower over the lawn, and then ran it out of gas. I may actually take it up to the storage facility and put it in my climate controlled unit for the winter now.

Some of the Chicago pics...