Saturday, November 21, 2015

A "new" mower, and other saturday things


This is my new lawn mower. It's also my old lawn mower.

For the past few years I've been looking for a new mower because my old one was literally falling apart. I bought the old Murray 22" push mower 30-some years ago. It was the first mower I bought. Each spring I wondered if it would start, and it almost always did - on the very first pull! The problem was that the mower deck was breaking apart. I'd welded it a couple of times, but I can't imagine it would make another year.

Well, a couple months ago I found this green push mower in my dumpster at work. It looks almost new, but the engine had some parts missing. I tried to get it going but it was beyond my ability to repair. So... today I got the gumption to take the engine off of my old mower, and mount it onto this "new" deck. I was surprised that it fit perfectly. The engine looks a little over-sized on this deck, but I'd say I have a new mower.

In other events, I also managed to get the motorcycle in the garage for the winter. I also took a load of things to my storage unit (at work) and brought the snow blower home.

While I was doing those things, Jane put up our Christmas lights. It was a good day to do it, because this afternoon we got our first snowfall. More about that tomorrow.