Thursday, November 05, 2015

Saddle[d] in the back


I am not "back in the saddle," but rather, I am down in the back. I hurt it at work yesterday. I was merely picking up a mop bucket full of water, and apparently I twisted wrong. It's in my lower back, just left of center. It hurt right away, and it just never did go away. In fact, by the time I got home I could hardly stand it anymore. It hurt just to think. I fell asleep in the recliner at 8 pm.

It didn't feel a whole lot better this morning, but I've been icing it, and I found my old back brace I used to wear when I mowed the church lawn. I kind of forgot how sore it used to get bouncing around on the mower. I've also been taking regular doses of ibuprofen and tylenol. I don't normally like taking pain meds, and I can't say that they've made much of a dent in the pain, but I suppose it helps.

This is probably the most pain I've been in in a very long time. The only time it doesn't hurt is when I lay flat and don't move; or breathe. I would guess it's maybe about an 8 out of 10, and sometimes spikes higher. Sitting, getting up from sitting, and bending over are the worst. Getting my socks on and off is a challenge.

I suppose there are better pain meds I could get from my doctor, but I'm going to try to gut it out. I don't think it's anything serious. Hopefully a couple days of taking it easy and I'll be fine. Hopefully.