Monday, February 29, 2016

B.I.O. life


We are in a small group bible study with another couple and we recently started doing the Chip Ingram series, "Spiritual Simplicity." It's an 8-week video study. I am not overly familiar with Chip - I've read some things he's written over the years - and I'm not really interested in judging the content or format of the study. However, there is one thing I really like. Apparently, at the end of each study - after watching the video, and going through some discussion questions - there is a section called "Live It Out - B.I.O."

He says, "Bio" is a word that is synonymous with "life," and found in those three simple letters (B.I.O.) is the key to helping you become the person God wants you to be. It breaks down like this:

B = COME "BEFORE GOD" DAILY
Meet with Him personally - through His word and prayer - to enjoy His presence, receive His direction, and follow His will.

I = DO LIFE "IN COMMUNITY" WEEKLY
Structure your week to personally connect in safe relationships that provide love, support, transparency, challenge, and accountability.

O = BE "ON MISSION" 24/7
Cultivate a mindset to live out Jesus' love for others through acts of sacrifice and service at home, work, play, and church.

There are questions and suggested activities that go along with each of these sections. I don't know about it being "the key" or anything, but I do have to say that I think he's on to something. I like how it's broken down, and think it will be good to use that as a guide for awhile, if not longer.