Saturday, February 25, 2006

Walk the Line


Jane and I went to "Walk The Line" last night at the $1.50 theater. It was well worth the price of tickets (although we had to sit in the very front row - wow - I don't remember the last time I did that).

I thought the two stars did an excellent job. The line that stuck out to me was when JC wanted to play at the prison and his company people didn't want him to. They said something like, "John, good Christian people don't want you encouraging and entertaining criminals." And JC says, "Then they aren't Christian." (I will need to rent this to get the wording correct - but that's close).

But isn't that the truth? We have such a screwed up idea of what "good" is. I don't know much about the band "Disturbed" - but I heard an interview with the lead singer yesterday, and judging from where they're playing, they might be rather heavy and dark. But... in this interview (done by local dj), he tried to get this guy to say nasty things about other people he's worked with... and he wouldn't do it. He only had good, positive comments to say about anybody and everybody (including Scott Stapp!). Man, that sounded so "good" to me. I wish I didn't have to resort to negative comments to build my self-esteem.

Well, heading to Indianapolis in a couple hours. Taking Isaac down so he can blow his tuba for one song. It'll be fun. Oh... and yesterday... my daughter called and asked if I wanted to go to lunch with her! I had other things to do, but they were quickly forgotten. When the most beautiful/intelligent/alive person on the earth invites me for lunch... even I'm not THAT stupid as to turn her down. :) Sometimes the planets do line up. I love my kids.

later. peace. revolution. onward.
d.

No comments: