Monday, June 19, 2006

A Good Weekend

I've been trying to notice the good things in my life lately. And this was a very good weekend.

It started off with the great Joe B. show Thursday night, and then Jane and I went back to Ribfest Friday night too. That has to be one of my favorite things to do - attend outdoor music festivals. We heard some great blues, and just kinda "hung out" together.

Saturday we met Carrie in Indianapolis - she gave me some dietz's chocolates for Father's Day (very good too). Then we attended the class 3A Indiana High School championship baseball game. The school our son attended was playing (Norwell), and we have 3 guys from our church who play on the team. Clay Dafforn is the only one who played though. It was a FANTASTIC game. They set a championship game record for runs and hits. Unfortunately we lost 13-12. What a fun time though. This was the first baseball championship I had ever attended - having been to football, basketball and track state events.

Yesterday was a good day at church. Isaac played the drums for the first time with our band. He was incredible. Funny, that's EXACTLY how I would like a drummer to sound. It made it so easy for me trying to play the guitar. Some drummers give me trouble - only because I am not a great player. But he made it easy.

After church we went to Applebee's for Father's Day, and then we watched my Father's Day gift... the new Neil Young dvd "Heart of Gold." I was totally suprised, and it was sooooooooooooooo good. It's just Neil and some friends playing Nashville's Ryman Auditorium. They play quite a bit off the "Prairie Wind" cd, and several of his older hits, which I was shocked to see him play. I know a lot of people don't like Neil, and many wouldn't care for the dvd, but my eyes were wet through most of it. And how fitting that it was a father's day gift, since the dvd was for "his" dad, who passed away a couple of months before they recorded it.

I found plenty of good this weekend. Now I'll be on the lookout for more this week. Rock on.

No comments: