Monday, October 30, 2006

I'm in Peoria

So... sitting here in a cubicle at Methodist Medical Center in Peoria, Illinois. My mother-in-law had a heart attack (or something), and they're planning to do angioplasty this morning or afternoon. Jane and I made the 5 1/2 hour drive yesterday right after our morning worship service. Spent the night at my parents house in Buda. I am grateful that there is a computer in the waiting room to catch up on my reading; plus I brought along "Jesus Creed" by Scot McKnight. I just may get this book read today! :)

I would appreciate your prayers for Sarah. She is 81, and has had several heart procedures already. She's a good woman.
UPDATE ON TUESDAY, OCT. 31
Sarah had 3 blockages: one they were able to put a stint in (finally), one they aren't going to do anything with because it's not really a problem, and one they want to put a stint in but won't do it for a couple of weeks to give her time to recover. She is doing somewhat better today, but is still real weak and can't walk too far. Hopefully she will be able to feed herself now, and if she can get in and out of a chair by herself she should be good to go... home. We're planning on her returning home tomorrow at this point.

Tom D. - I won't be at Brew Ha in the morning.

Many thanks to those of you who have expressed concern and have prayed.

Peace. Revolution.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Dan,

Sorry to hear this news, and I'll be praying for Sarah, Jane and y'all's family. How IS Jane?

I won an Amazon gift certificate and used it to buy "Jesus Creed" and a book Chris (DP) suggested by Walter Wink; both arrived last week. Seeing how I still haven't finished "Irresistible Revolution", you'll finish JC waaayyyy before I do. Waiting rooms are good for that...catching up on your reading.

peace...grace...

Tom said...

I'll be praying for Jane's mom and I'll probably order a breakfast sandwich in your honor. See you later.

dan said...

Tom,
Thanks for the prayers. I hope the sandwich was good; and I hope you didn't have to eat alone. :)
later,
Dan