Saturday, December 02, 2006

Switching to Beta

I know, you've heard it before... but I will probably try switching to Blogger Beta sometime this week. I wanted to give advance warning, just in case I disappear, or if there seems to be no activity, or in case you see a big cloud of smoke here on the south side of allen county. I don't know why I'm so afraid. Perhaps too many horror stories. Seems I heard once that if you have over 400 posts it messes something up - throws the universe outta whack or somethin'. But... onea these days... onea these days...

Until then... peace, friends. There's a revolution going on here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only Beta-weirdness I've experienced has been while commenting on other blogs. If you do go Beta, the best commenting method is to log in, then visit your favourite sites while still logged in.

Hey, 474 posts and counting, with no real Beta issues. "Luke, join the Dark Side!" (word verification: "cripe" - secret message here?)

dan said...

Darrell,
Thanks for the input. Okay... so if I switch, and it screws everything up, I guess I can blame it on the Whisky, right? :)

And... I think all the word verifications are secret messages, aren't they?

Lily said...

I switched to beta early-on and I have no real complaints. The perpetual logging in gets to be a drag - blogs who are still on Blogger (not beta) seem to have issues with people who are on beta. Likewise Blogger seems to not want to keep me logged in - sometimes does, sometimes doesn't, seems to be random. Yes, I've checked my cookies.

One thing I run into a lot - and maybe it's just me and I'm some kind of freak, but I'll speak up here anyhow.

Once I switched, if I type up a comment on a non-beta blog and I'm not logged in, it asks me to "log in with your Google account". If I do this, I lose my comment. So until you get so you understand any bugs you are faced with, don't attempt to submit a comment until you have copied the text - just in case - so you don't have to re-write the whole thing.

One other thing - it seems to never recognize my first word-verification word - I always have to do a second one. Go figure.

And 431 posts here, no explosion.

Lily

dan said...

Hi Lily,
Thanks for the input also. I actually just switched (moments ago), and I'm feeling very "vulnerable" at the moment. Anyway... good to hear from you!
peace,
dh