Thursday, March 15, 2007

NCAA Tournament post - Go Illini!!!

Alright, I know Illinois isn't going to make any noise. And my Bradley Braves had to settle for the NIT. Somehow I ended up with Ohio State winning it all on my sheet, but I really don't think they will. So..... while I have nothing else to write about the tourney, I thought I'd pass along this juicy little piece from Justin Peters at Slate:
Implausible as it may seem, new Indiana head coach Kelvin Sampson is more loathsome than Bobby Knight ever was. Whereas The General was just an everyday chair-throwing hothead, Sampson's more like Snidely Whiplash. He lurks in the shadows of high-school gymnasiums, tying rival coaches to the railroad tracks and absconding with their recruits.

Sampson thinks that ethics are a brand of sneakers. At Oklahoma, he and his staff committed 577 separate recruiting violations. As punishment, the NCAA restricted Sampson from telephoning or visiting recruits for one year. No big deal: He used e-mails and text messages to lure prize prepster Eric Gordon away from Illinois this fall.

Hehehe. Just because I live in Indiana doesn't mean I have to like IU. And I don't.

1 comment:

dan said...

Lance,
Yeah, sorry about the Illini. Sounds like a good thing I wasn't able to watch the game. What a heartbreak year. But.... I think Bruce Webber's a good guy, and I think next year will be better (I hope).
peace.