Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Meandering... servant

I gave up on Augustines Confessions. Not that it isn't good, this just isn't a good time for me to read it I guess. Another free book I've had laying on the "waiting to be read" shelf is "On Being A Servant" by Warren Wiersbe. It's not exactly cutting edge stuff, but just good, old time religion by a good, old-fashioned, long-time servant of God. I think this is more what I need right now. The basics, in short 2-5 page chapters.

In chapter 1 Warren defines ministry. He says, "Ministry takes place when divine resources meet human needs through loving channels to the glory of God." (p.12). Then he takes you through Acts 3:1-9 and continues: "So, if you and I are going to serve Jesus Christ - the way God wants us to minister and the way the apostles ministered - we must (1) know the divine resources personally, (2) see the human needs compassionately, and (3) become channels of God's mighty resources so that (4) God alone is glorified."

Okay. I'll take one of those.... to go.

So here's to possibilities. And divine resources.

Cheerio.

I like Honey Nut (though I've been on a plain kick recently). Need an s.

No comments: