Thursday, August 16, 2007

The meth church

I had forgotten about the time Jane and I were driving along rt. 24 somewhere in Indiana or Illinois and we saw a sign that said: "Meth Bake Sale." We had a good laugh. Either those dern meth users are getting really desperate, or perhaps we thought some dear old lady at the local methodist church wasn't aware of all the sudafed abusers out there. It never occurred to me that Methodists might actually be using "meth" (the word) intentionally. Today I stumbled across an article on Monday Morning Insight entitled "Ten Reasons Why The Meth Church Is Growing Faster Than Your Church." While I know meth use and addiction to be a serious, serious, serious thing... these ten reasons are kinda funny. I hope it gives you a good laugh - it did me - but now I am going to pray for those who feel meth is their only hope. I would love to have them in my church.

peace out; peace in.

4 comments:

MR said...

no wonder they wouldn't share their church.

[I know you can't hold a grudge, Dan, but don't worry, I've got it right here.]

dan said...

Not all meth users are like my friends who wouldn't let us use their building.

Tammie said...

That sign is perfect for Crummy Church Signs (http://crummychurchsigns.blogspot.com/). I have a feeling you'd enjoy that site.

dan said...

Tammie,
Yep - it would be a good one, and I enjoy the site. :)