Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pause

Ahhhh. I don't do well when I get too many things going at once. Not that I have any one BIG thing or anything, but just a whole lotta whole lotta little things. I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off today. I need just a moment to make things stop.

This begins one of the busiest times of the year for me. I need some centering. I don't want to hate the holidays. I don't. But there's Thanksgiving - which means taking time off work, an extra service, family stuff, and the routine is tampered with. Then begins Advent - which requires special consideration, and shopping, and special stuff at church all throughout the month, budget meetings, planning services and special services, putting together annual reports, making plans for a new year, changing over books and records, and travel and family and whatever else. I know, I know. I'm not trying to bring anybody down.... it's just the way it is. I don't want to hate it. Really.

Enough.

I decided today that we're going to do a group Lectio Divina exercise at this Wednesday night's B.S. session. Lectio Divina is spiritual reading. There is a great site HERE that explains it pretty well. This is also the first place I've seen with a plan for a group setting. I like it. I hope it goes over well. We will use the evening text from the Daily Office (thanks for the tip, Tom).

Okay.... I think I'm breathing again. There are a million things I've been meaning to blog about. Just seems like I don't have time, or it's stuff I can't really talk about.

hmm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ME TOO!!!!

I'm going to post on my blog about my need for a Pause button AFTER i sit here for a minute and cook an artichoke (I'm hooked).

On the bright side, Drew can come to our thanksgiving lunch afterall. A big thanks to you and mom for being our source of entertainment from 10 to 7 on Sunday.

Deep breaths....

Peace!

dan said...

Artichoke's again? I don't think I've ever had one. Looking forward to thanksgiving though. :)

MR said...

How to cook an artichoke:

1. place artichoke in car, in center seat.
2. Set car to 65mph and drive East two hours...

"Hey artichoke, we need to stop for gas, you want a Snapple or something?"

Anonymous said...

Actually, it's much easier then that.

Cut off the bottom, cut off the top, snip the pokers off. shove butter inside the leaves. boil 40 minutes.

it's eating an artichoke that makes me what to strap it in a car and send it two hours away. they taste so good but are such a pain!