Tuesday, February 19, 2008

4 miles

Usually I run/jog around 3 to 3.5 miles on the treadmill, 4 or 5 days a week. Tonight Jane had class so I thought I'd see if I could make it 4 miles. It's been a couple of years since I've done that. And that was when I used to run outside (which I don't do anymore 'cause I'm scared of dogs and it's too doggone hard). So I went nice and easy (4.5 mph), with a minimal .5 incline, and even though it took me almost a flipping hour - I did it! Ended up at 60 minutes for 4.28 miles and burned 529 calories.

I suppose I should take a shower now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

4 miles!!!!! Holy cow. Good job.

I laughed out loud when I read the thing about being scared of dogs. I don't know why it struck me as funny. But I don't blame you.

In reference to the previous post, I'm excited for this summer. I think you should ask Mr. Womack to stop by. Someone will like it and no one will ever please everyone. Lets have a potluck. :)

dan said...

Yeah, I'm not really scared of dogs as a general rule, and I used to not be at all; but I've become scared of the ones in our neck-o-the-woods. There are mean dogs in every direction. I have a hard enough time just running without having to watch my back, you know.

A potluck with Tommy does sound perty good. I'll have to see how much he costs. He's been getting some awards lately, and I guess they used his one song on a soap opera.

Thanks for the input!

MR said...

There's this one little weiner dog, Lucy, that lives by the lake where I run and when she comes after me it's like someone shot a little torpedo at me. You see the grass parting and this yapping noise and someone yelling "LUCY! NO!" But she always stops at the curb. It's good thing, too; that would be an embarrassing obituary.

dan said...

MR,
Do you mean an obituary for Lucy, or for you? I guess either way...

MR said...

I think the dog's pretty safe unless she comes after me with sauerkraut and dark mustard on her back.

My obit will end "Memorials to the Human Fund."

JAH said...

My memorials are going to the Festivus-for-the-rest-of-us fund...