Friday, February 29, 2008

U23D

Jane and I went to the new U2 movie last night. Bogey just wanted to wear the 3D glasses when we got home and act all Bono-like. That's kinda how he is.

This was an awesome show. I mean, I've been a U2 fan since before they were an "acceptable" Christian band. I bought their albums before *I* was even a Christian. I've always liked their music. But seeing them in concert in 3D is just wild. And it's basically just them playing their songs. Very minimal crowd interaction or agendized rants. I was actually hoping there would be more. But it was good. It only lasts 1 hr. 20 minutes. And there were only 10 of us in the theater. I did have one complaint though - and I don't know if it's the movie or this particular theater - but the music wasn't near loud enough. I mean, if they're going to make it look like you're at a concert (which they do), it would be nice to make it feel like you're at a concert. I want to feel it in my chest, you know.

Anyway, I don't know if they can do the 3D thing on dvd or not, so I highly recommend seeing the movie (even though it was like $10.50 a ticket). And if you like U2, don't leave when the credits start rolling, because they do "Yahweh" as a closer. All told, it's almost as cool as a dog who wears sunglasses.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Bogey always cracks me up!

From grass in his bowl, to log dog, to camera shy, now BonoBogey.

Love it.

Anonymous said...

Oh Bogey...thanks for posting these.

dan said...

I like that: BonoBogey. :)

Thanks for the comments!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Danno, you aren't so old after all--you still like chest-thumping loud music!

Ha!

(BonoBogey, douible HA!)

:)

dan said...

Robin,
Yeah... well... it kinda needs to be chest-thumping 'cause I can't hear it anymore. :)

MR said...

...and it's like free CPR, which he can use in his old age. Helps circulation.

Anonymous said...

funny boys, you are :)