Thursday, March 13, 2008

Oh man...

Jane got home from the hospital last night. The longest part of the ordeal for me was the time between when the doctor said she would 'probably' be released today (at noon), and when he finally came back at 5 pm to say she could go. Of course our supper had just arrived. It was after 6 before we could go anyway. She didn't much care for when he pulled out her drain tube either. Ouch. I thought it was like an IV, instead of something the size of my pinky finger! At any rate, she is still pretty sore, but doing well.

I was able to do quite a bit at the hospital and at night when I was home. Today I just needed to finish up the sermon, tweak the powerpoint stuff, put the music out for Sunday, do the bulletins, and a few other minor things. Of course I didn't even realize it until I had done all those things that this Sunday is Palm Sunday! What?!? How did I miss that. So, I changed one song (We have to sing "Hosanna" on Palm Sunday), and we're just going to have to kind of 'go with it' this year.

To top things off, I had to take Bogey to the vet this afternoon for a sore he's had on his front leg. This is always a pretty traumatic event for the little guy, and today he didn't have 'mom' to go along. Man, oh, man. First the vet told me he needs to lose about 10 pounds; and he gave me this medicine to put on his leg that we can't touch; and he told me Bogey's problems all stem from SEPARATION ANXIETY. I thought, "Well, duh, the dog has ALWAYS had separation anxiety. If you read up on this breed that's a common character trait. Anyway, he gave me this like 10-page paper to read on it, AND.... he's supposed to wear one of those stupid cone collars FOR TWO WEEKS!!! Night and day. All the time.

I put it on when I got home, and he can't even walk around. Now he's going to be nothing but depressed. I cut off about 3 inches all the way around, but he still just can't hardly move about. And I'm not sure if he's going to be able to eat. It's pretty pathetic. I don't know if this is going to work.

So... it's time to go home... and I still have lots to do... and I'm feeling a little fried out. But, there has been a lot of good things this week too. I have to say, the hospital stay, and everyone who worked there, were way better than expected. No complaints whatsoever. I really liked the doctor. I'm glad we went where we went.

That's all I've got for now.

3 comments:

Tom said...

Glad Jane is home. Praying she heals fast.

Chris Monroe said...

Yes, Dan. Prayers for Jane are being lifted up here as well. It sure seems like you've been encountering lots of unexpected challenges. Blessings to you both, friend!

- Your fellow gall-bladderless blogger. :D

dan said...

Thanks Tom and Chris.

Hey... the gall-bladderless bloggers has a certain ring to it, no? :)