Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Looking for sound equipment

This is why I hate to get excited about anything. We normally borrow our portable sound equipment from a guy in our church (when we do outdoor shows). He just informed me that he can't be at any of the Sunday evening shows and doesn't really want us using his stuff if he's not here. So... I am now looking for some (probably used) sound equipment. Maybe an 8 to 12 channel powered mixer, and a couple of 12"or 15" speakers w/stands oughta do it. The only problem is we have a budget of $0 for this.

Yep.

8 comments:

MR said...

Hey! Dan's Back!

Marcus said...

Sweetwater? NW Fort Wayne

MR said...

Are they having a 100% off sale? Your A.D.D. strikes again, needs to be a donation.

I'd give you mine, but I'm not a musician and don't own any.

Anonymous said...

I can ask Drew to ask his band mate if we can borrow his. No promises but he has some awesome stuff. They're nice people - and if food is involved, 22 year old boys will show up. :)

Anonymous said...

Send me the dates via email and I'll pass them along - sorry, my battery died in the middle of that last post.

Tom said...

OT - Well if you're going to throw Samba Pa Ti on there you might as well put Europa on there too. I'd also suggest J. Beck's 'Cause We've Ended As Lovers.

dan said...

MR & MDH,
Now boys... am I going to have to separate the two of you? :) Actually, Sweetwater is an option. I'm not sure how they're set on used stuff. But Mike's also right, they probably don't have a "free" category. :(

Carrie,
I have thought of that. I'll certainly keep it in mind. I'm sure something will work out though.

Tom,
After finally figuring out what "OT" meant... :)... I may have to give those two songs a listen. It's hard to beat Samba Pa Ti though.

Anonymous said...

If you want to get a sound equipment at a low cost, all you need to do is to surf the net and look for companies whom are offering such equipments for leasing or rentals. With this you can save a lot compared to buying.