At any rate, the speakers have been pretty good. I always love listening to Dr. Dave Draper - the president of our seminary. He is one of the best speakers I know of. Steve Ayers has been really good, even though I'm not a rah rah type. Rick Rusaw is really good. I'd heard him before, and read his book. I like him. There was a comedian last night. Something Pearson. He was okay.
My notes so far...
From Steve Ayers:
- "Why would anyone want to live in the middle of the road? The only things there are yellow lines and dead possums." S.A.
- "You know what blows people away? Old people that are still happy." S.A.
- "We need to love the hell out of people." S.A.
- "People will follow what I celebrate." S.A. (so that's the problem)
- "We (as the bride/church) need to be trying to help people fall in love with the Groom instead of the bride. Reproduction will not result from the bride being in love with the bride, but it will be natural if the bride falls in love with the Groom." S.A.
- "We don't introduce people to Jesus, we should REVEAL where Jesus already is in the world." S.A.
Hmm... I guess that's all I've written down. I used to keep extensive notes - only to have them sit in a drawer forever. I guess now I pretty much just listen. I don't know which is better. Whatever.
Well, gotta go. Had a great supper last night with a bunch of people. Peace.