Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ever and a day

Yesterday I had a visit from some good friends from our seminary time. They live in Pennsylvania and bought a mobile home and drove across and around the country for 6 weeks. How cool is that? And how cool is it that the church he pastors gave him 8 weeks off this summer?!? Anyway, we had a nice visit. It was neat to see how their family had grown. That last sentence just made me feel really old.

Then I went to get a haircut, and it was going along nicely until... all of a sudden the poor woman is almost in tears telling me about her current "situation." I felt so bad, and totally didn't know what to do. I was trying to decide if I should ask if she wanted me to pray with her when another customer walked in. Then she got even more flustered and it was obvious she didn't want to talk about it anymore. I told her I would be "thinking" about her, and left. That was stupid. Why didn't I just say I would be *praying* for her? I don't know.

I have some other stuff, and people, on my mind too, but I just noticed that blogger seems to be weird. I can't insert pictures or links or anything, and I want to. Oh the horror. Well, maybe later it will work and I just may have to post again today. I've got a lot to do anyway. I haven't started my sermon yet. I usually have a bad week when it's this late and I'm not DONE with it. But it hasn't really been a bad week. It's been a different week. They all seem different anymore. I guess that's because the pages on the calendar keep turning. Why is life so hard to figure out? Probably wouldn't be much point in living if we figured it out. I don't know, maybe it's really easy and I just don't know it.

I had a funny cartoon I was going to put here, but apparently I can't. So... just laugh and pretend you liked it too.

peace.

2 comments:

MR said...

They drove around the country in a mobile home for 6 weeks? They must be MILLIONAIRES!!!

dan said...

That's what I thought. They probably spent more just on gasoline than we spent on our whole trip to the Dominican Republic. But... I guess I'm glad somebody can afford to do that.