- Sometimes I wonder if I know anything at all about people. You know, I'll think I know someone pretty good, and then I'll say or do something that completely turns them off... and they're gone. Or they'll say or do something that completely turns me off. I hate it when that happens.
- Sometimes I wonder about the guy who went to the store to get a loaf of bread. For some reason I always remember hearing stories about some guy who said he was going to the store for a loaf of bread... and that was the last anyone ever heard of him. I wonder... did he really buy the bread or not?
- Sometimes I wonder if it might actually be a good thing if someone burned down all the church buildings. You know, it always makes the news in such a big way whenever some angry youth burns a church down. But really, what would happen if suddenly all the church buildings were gone? Wouldn't the church still be around? And it would be a lot more visible I would think. I also wonder why we think we can destroy the church by our actions. I mean, I don't think we could kill it if we tried. It is God's church - you know - the God who created and sustains everything. Sometimes I think we think we're a lot more important than we really are.
- Sometimes I wonder what my dog thinks about all day.
- Sometimes I wonder just how long my beard would get if I never shaved. If I had a beard. I usually tire of them real quickly, though I can't stand to shave every day.
- Sometimes I wonder what I would do if I wasn't a pastor. Actually, sometimes I wonder if there even is anything else I could do, you know, because I'm incapable. I mean, I can type pretty good, use the computer ok, I know how to make coffee. I suppose maybe I could be a secretary. I don't like talking on the phone though. Darn.
- Sometimes I wonder why I have such a poor self-esteem. :/
- Sometimes I wonder who will do my funeral.
- Sometimes I wonder what it's like to not care about anything.
- Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to live in a tent. A couple who are perhaps our best friends - and live in Nepal - always talk about how easy life is in the USA. So I wonder.
- Sometimes I wonder if we've got things all backwards ...and everyone is afraid to say so. sdrawkcab.
- Sometimes I wonder if I know anything at all.
Saturday, August 09, 2008
Sometimes I wonder...
Just some things I've been thinking about: