Thursday, October 09, 2008

Randomoree

  • We're getting ready for my parents to visit this weekend. This is the longest we've gone without any visitors, so Jane has been nagging at me to fix things up (not really). I think it's been a year and a half since my parents have been here. So we're trying to clean Isaac's old room for them to sleep in.
  • Last night I hung two guitars on the wall in the treadmill room. I need another hangy thing to put up a third. I was going to hang four on one wall, but Jane says you're supposed to hang things in threes. I'm sure she knows better than I do.
  • We had a stack of Guitar World magazines - from mid-2002 to early 2007 - and I was able to fit them perfectly in one paper ream box. All in order, of course. I think there were maybe 3 or 4 missing from the series.
  • Last night I also worked on getting the cove base put back down in the laundry room and bathroom. After we carpeted earlier this year I originally put down some rolled up self-stick cove. That didn't work for crap. So I got some regular stuff. Much better. I only have two more pieces to cut, then I need to glue it all down. It looks better just sitting there than the other did after it was glued to the wall.
  • I heard yesterday that some people want John McCain to name Rudy Gulianni as his Attorney General. Oh man. I swear, if John-boy wins, and has both Sarah Palin and Rudy in his cabinet... I just might consider moving to another country. Rudy might have been a good movie, but I have a very, very low opinion of the former mayor.
  • Last night we went to Bob Evans - since we're going to miss date night this week (visitors); and I guess several of our regularly scheduled events will be disrupted this weekend - but anyway, we went to BE, and someone bought our supper for us. Some nice folks from our church. That made it taste all the better. How 'bout that.
  • It must be the weather, because I've been waking up in a daze, and it seems to never really go all the way away.
  • Bought some apples last night. Haven't had any in awhile, and they smelled really good. Also bought some candy corn and dry roasted peanuts. They are yummy when mixed together.
  • Can't think of anything else as exciting as all this.

1 comment:

MR said...

yeah but God hangs things in twos. In the IT world we would say God believes in load distribution and redundancy for a high availability being. I'm sure if he had time, he'd have built in brain mirroring so we'd have a backup of the stuff we forget. You know, like what my point was.