He began with two GREAT questions:
- Would Jesus go to our church?
- Is our church like Jesus?
1. Jesus is all about the Kingdom of God. (Mt. 4:17; Lk 17:20-21)
2. Jesus preaches differently than we do. (Mt. 13:10)
- Jesus doesn't tell us so much what to 'do,' but what to SEE.***
- Receiving Christ is the departure point, not the destination.
- If it hasn't changed your life, then you're not on the journey.
- It's not just a rescue, but a restoration. ***
- We need the poor more than they need us (to be rescued from greed and consumerism).*****
- The church exists by missions as fire exists by burning. ~Emil Brunner.
...a community that dances, loves, serves, talks, lives and smells like Jesus.