- I should probably make some kind of deal with myself where I just don't post on Mondays. It seems no matter how good Sunday goes, Monday is still a downer for me. Not that it's one of those "resign every Monday" type of downers. I actually think it has more to do with getting ready to go sit in the office by myself. I just don't look forward to it anymore.
- I think it would be really beneficial to have a staff to meet with on Mondays. Not even paid staff, but just some people to talk with; to discuss how things are/were/could be. People to bounce ideas off of. But we don't even have a core group in our church. I wish we did.
- Yesterday on our way to lunch we saw a coyote trotting along I-469, right near the on-ramp at exit 2. At first I thought it was a dog, but it was definitely a coyote. He was just bouncing along without a care in the world. It seemed weird to see one so close to civilization. And the cars weren't even bothering him/her. Weird.
- Last night I had about an hour-long text chat with my former bartender. She remembered it was my birthday. That was nice. It's stuff like THAT that used to earn her nice tips.
- I've been tempted to count how many people have been at our Sunday gatherings lately, because it seems like we've been having better than average attendance for the last month or so. But I'm not going to. I just can't.
- I still can't figure out Facebook. And I don't twitter. And I've never had a fantasy football team (or any other fantasy team). While all of it is tempting, I just don't really need any more things to try to figure out. I probably need to cut back on things as it is.
- I remember after reading Tony Jones' book 'The Sacred Way' (which I really liked) I had a whole list of things I was going to do or change. I don't know what ever happened to that list. One thing was to take more mini-retreats. Yeah... one of these days...
- I'm kind of looking forward to tomorrow when all the voters show up. I hope everyone can be civil. Sometimes people are stupid. I have the room all set up and the voting equipment is in there. I have a real uneasy feeling about the whole thing though. I don't think I want to even watch any news tomorrow. I have to admit - and I didn't want to be this way - but I will be bummed if Obama loses; or if Palin/McCain wins. I'm sure I'll get over it, but it will really sour me on politics again. Maybe that would be a good thing.
- This would be a good day for a hike. I haven't been on a hike in probably 25 years or so. I would have no idea where to go. You sure as heck can't walk along the road around here. Too many dogs. Why is it that I've never been scared of dogs my entire life until the last year or so?
- I should probably
Monday, November 03, 2008
Monday macaroni mind
Ramblings on a lonely Monday...