Thursday, February 05, 2009

Random thursday thoughts

I feel like I'm getting a chest cold. My throat is sore and scratchy, and my eyes feel weird. I gooped a bunch of vicks on my throat last night. It might also have to do with switching allergy medicines this week. I just can't take the sleepy zyrtec feeling anymore, so I went with the generic clariton. I don't know.

Yesterday I went up to see if I could get Tony Dungy to sign the books I got for the church, and the line was clear back to the road (at the main Family Bookstore). I wasn't in the mood to stand and wait that long.

Lately I've been trying to think if there is a difference between open 'rebellion' and a 'protest.' I am doing something that is one or the other. I don't like doing it, but... I'm getting more and more frustrated, and something is probably going to boil over very soon.

I have changed the way I prepare my sermons since the beginning of the year. People have actually made some positive comments even though I haven't said anything about it. It is much more time-consuming, but I like the effect it has had. I am going to have to change something though, because I don't have time to do everything else now.

I finally got my Amazon book order yesterday. Last night I was just going to look over The Shack, and I ended up reading the first 89 pages. I was shocked to see that one of my few Facebook friends, and someone who just commented on my blog awhile ago, is quoted on the back of the book (Mike Morrell). Cool.

I seem to have a lot of things I need to do at the moment, and I'm not sure how that came about. I need to make a list, because I know I will forget something.

I also need to do the "25 Things" thing on Facebook sometime. I've been tagged a few times, I just haven't had a chance to do it. Maybe if I keep typing, this will be it.

I should probably go wash the vicks off of my neck now.

Peace out; and in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first time Drew sat down to read the Shack he read exactly 89 pages too! And then he didn't touch it for a few months. haha. I'm interested to hear what you think!

dan said...

I think I better go read some more right away so I'm not like Drew!! :)

So far it's been a really nice and easy read. I must not have gotten into any of the controversial stuff yet.

MR said...

By the time Carrie got it she was like: "who Drew all over this book?"

(rimshot)